Rice Cooker Chicken Rice
“This is as good as one pot dish but I portioned out the chicken since we gonna make it as family meal. Serve with chinese steamed egg and stir fry cabbage to make it a complete family meal.” Recipe and images contributed by: Lynn (@the.kitchenlife)
For the rice
- 1.5 cups uncooked rice
- 1 tbsp Alchemy Fibre™ Powder Blend for Rice
- 2 cups water
- 200 grams chicken broth (approx. 1 cup) from @foodyo_cafe (ratio 1: 2)
- 1 whole chicken leg
- 5 pieces mushrooms (presoaked and cut into slices)
- a handful of goji berries
- Cook the rice with rice cooker as per usual. I added the fiber from @alchemy_foods to make the rice smoother.
- When the rice is cooked, add in the chicken. Switch to 'cook' function and let it simmer in the rice cooker for 30mins.
- Add in the mushrooms and goji berries, continue to stay in rice cooker, keep warm function for another 30mins.
- (optional) Garnish with crispy onions and Chinese parsley. I added a little bit of soy sauce, sesame oil and crispy garlic before serve.
Don’t forget to try out this recipe and tag us on Instagram (@alchemy_foods) to share with us your creations. Have a recipe that you’d like to share? Tag us too and we’ll feature your recipe on our page.