Rice Cooker Chicken Rice
“This is as good as one pot dish but I portioned out the chicken since we gonna make it as family meal. Serve with chinese steamed egg and stir fry cabbage to make it a complete family meal.” Recipe and images contributed by: Lynn (@the.kitchenlife)
For the rice
- 1.5 cups uncooked rice
- 1 TBSP Alchemy Fibre™ Powder Blend for Rice
- 2 cups water
- 500 grams minced pork
- 8 pieces dried chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp oil
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp shao xing wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp water
- Prepare the sauce mixture. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with water till well incorporated. Then add in dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, shao xing wine and sesame oil and mix well. Set aside.
- Add some oil to a heated pan. Stir fry minced garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add in chopped dried chilli and continue to stir fry for another minute.
- Add in minced pork, separate the meat as you stir fry until it browns and is fully cooked.
- Add in sauce mixture. Bring it to a boil for a minute or so until the sauce has thickened. Mix until the sauce and minced pork are well incorporated.
- Serve with a bowl of cooked rice and other sides of choice.
Don’t forget to try out this recipe and tag us on Instagram (@alchemy_foods) to share with us your creations. Have a recipe that you’d like to share? Tag us too and we’ll feature your recipe on our page.