Community Recipes: Herb Rice by Charlotte Mei @thecharlottemei
Zesty Herb Rice Salad
Community Recipes: Herb Rice by Charlotte Mei @thecharlottemeiRice salad with Mediterranean-inspired flavours.Recipe and images contributed by: Charlotte Mei (@thecharlottemei) Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram (@alchemy_foods) to share how your creations look! If you have a recipe you’d like to share, tag us too and we’ll be happy to feature it on our page.
- 3 rice-cup Uncooked rice
- 3 cups Water
- 3 tbsp. Alchemy Fibre™ Powder Blend for Rice (approx. 45g)
- ⅓ Roasted almonds
- ¼ Pumpkin seeds
- ½ Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp. Orange zest
- 1 Large chili , sliced
- ½ Small red onion , sliced
- ¾ cup Fresh herbs (mint, basil, coriander etc)
- 6 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. Apple cide vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Orange juice
- 3 tsp. Honey
- 2 Garlic , mince
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp. Ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. Ground coriander
- Pepper and salt (to taste)
- Cook the rice as you normally would, adding Alchemy Fibre™ Powder Blend for Rice into the cooking water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- When the rice is done, fluff it up with a fork and while it’s still hot, add orange zest and mix up to combine. You can make it till this point and keep aside if you’re not serving it right away. Otherwise, continue by mixing in the dressings and topping it with pomegranate seeds, almonds, red onion, herbs and chilli.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!